CCS Challenge Card Engineering GmbH and CardTEC Card Processing Technologies GmbH highly values the protection of users‘ personal information provided when visiting the website „www.ccs-cardtec.com“ - from hereon known as ‘website‘.
The office responsible for the acquisition, processing and use of your personal information acc. to the GDPR, is:
CardTEC Card Processing Technologies GmbH
Rombacher Hütte 12 a
44795 Bochum, Deutschland
Tel. +49 234 943 91-0
Fax +49 234 943 91-99
CCS Challenge Card Engineering GmbH
Rombacher Hütte 12 a
44795 Bochum, Deutschland
Tel. +49 234 943 91-0
Fax +49 234 943 91-99
Internal Data Protection Officer
The internal data protection officer of CardTEC Card Processing Technologies GmbH and CCS Challenge Card Engineering GmbH can be contacted at the above-mentioned addressed, or via Datenschutz[at]ccs-cardtec.com.
Acquisition, Stored Data and Reasons for Use
When opening our website, the browser on the device used, automatically sends information to our websites server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. Consequently, more detailed information is gathered without any action required by you and saved until the data is automatically deleted.
Below, we would accordingly like to inform you on the type, scope and purposes of the acquisition and the use of personal data on this website.
When you open our website, you transfer the following data:
* your IP address,
* the Internet page from which you have come,
* the pages that you open, as well as
* the date and duration of your visit,
* the access status (file transfer, file not found, etc.),
* the web browser and operating system used,
* the transferred data volume.
For purposes of technical safety, namely the guarantee of smooth connectivity to the website, the guarantee for the comfortable use of our website, the assessment of the system security and stability, and also for further administrative purposes, we store and process this data. The data processing is legally-based on Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. f GDPR.
We justify our interest through the above-mentioned reasons on data acquisition. We do not in any way use your personal data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you as a person.
We incorporate cookies into our website. This generally concerns small files that your browser creates automatically and are saved on your device (PC, laptop, tablet, smart phone or similar), whenever you visit our website.
Cookies do not cause any damage to your device, do not contain viruses or trojan horses or any other damaging software.
Information is placed in the cookie that are compiled according to the specifically-implemented device. This, however, does not imply that we receive any immediate knowledge of your identity.
On one hand, the implementation of cookies serves to make our service to you more comfortable, by implementing so-called session cookies, in order to recognise that you have already visited the individual pages of our website. These are automatically deleted after leaving our website again.
Furthermore, we equally implement temporary cookies for the optimisation of user friendliness, that are saved on your device for a certain pre-determined time frame. Should you re-use our page in order to use our services, it automatically recognises that you have already been there, as well as the data and settings you entered, to avoid you having to re-enter them.
On the other hand, we implement cookies in order to statistically assess the use of our website and for the purpose of optimising our services. To analyse and statistically assess the use of our website, we use the open-source software Matomo (PIWIK).
The information created by the cookie on the website-usage is transferred to our server and summarised in pseudonym user profiles. It is used to assess the usage of the website and to allow for the customisation of our website.
The IP address is in no case related other users. The IP addresses are made anonymous, to prevent them from being tracked (IP masking).
Your visit to this website is currently being recorded by a Matomo web analysis.
Data that is processed by means of cookies is required for the more detailed reasons mentioned in preservation of our justified interest, as well as of that of third parties, acc. to Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may, however, configure your browser so that cookies are not saved on your computer or a notification appears each time a new cookie is implemented. The full deactivation of cookies may, however, lead to you not being able to use all of the functions on the website.
We do not use any other analysis tools or social media plug-ins. Your personal data is not transferred to third parties for any reason other than indicated in the above-mentioned reasons.
As far as is not expressly mentioned, we only store your data for the time frame it is required to fulfill the set purposes and above-mentioned reasons.
Transfer of Data
As far as you have expressly agreed (comp. Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. a GDPR) or we are otherwise legally-obliged or permitted to (Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. b, c and f GDPR), we pass on personal data to other companies with whom we are contracted to, within the scope of e-mail traffic. These particularly concern:
CCS Challenge Card Systems GmbH,
CCP Production GmbH,
CCP Service & Maintenance GmbH.
We work in correspondence with the operation of our website and the services provided via our website, such as for example, service providers for hosting. As far as the recipient may be located in a country outside of the European Union (so-called third countries), in which the applicable law does not guarantee the same degree of data protection as in the area covered by the GDPR, we apply measures to secure an appropriate level of data protection elsewhere.
The above-mentioned data protection officer is equally also the data protection officer for CCS Challenge Card Systems GmbH, CardTEC Card Processing Technologies GmbH, CCP Production GmbH and CCP Service & Maintenance GmbH and is also available to you in this regard, under the above-mentioned e-mail address: datenschutz[at]ccs-cardtec.com.
Your Rights as a Person Affected by the Processing of Personal Data
You have the right to:
* inquire on your personal data processed by us, acc. to Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may demand information on the reasons for processing, the groups of recipients to which your data was or will be revealed, the intended duration that data is stored, the existence of a right to amendment, deletion, limitation of the processing or objection, the existence of the right to file complaint, the origin of your data, so far as this was not recorded by us, as well as the existence of automatic decision-making processes including profiling and, where relevant, significant information on the details
* demand the immediate amendment of incorrect personal data stored by us or its supplementation, acc. to Art. 16 GDPR
* demand the deletion of personal data stored by us acc. to Art. 17 GDPR, insofar as the processing is not required for the execution of the right of free expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for purposes of public interest or for the validation, execution or defence of legal claims
* demand the limitation of the processing of your personal data acc. to Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as you dispute the correctness of the data, the processing is illegal, yet you reject its deletion and we no longer require the data, you require it for the validation, execution or defence of legal claims or you have filed a claim against the processing acc. to Art. 21 GDPR
* demand to receive the personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, current and machine-readable format or for it to be transferred to another responsible
* withdraw your consent provided to us initially at any time acc. to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR. This results in us no longer being permitted to continue the data processing on which this consent was based in the future and
* complain to a regulating authority acc. to 77 GDPR. Generally, you can, in such a case, contact the regulating authority of your regular location or work place or of our seat
Right of Objection
For reasons resulting from your particular situation, you have the right to object against the processing of personal data related to you, at any time, which occurs on grounds of Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. f GDPR. We will then no longer process the personal data, other than if we find compelling reasons that are worthy of protection to provide proof of the processing that exceed your interests, rights and freedom or if the processing serves to validate, execute or defend legal claims.
An objection that opposes direct advertising, permits you to make use of the right of objection that is implemented by us without needing to provide evidence of a particular situation. If you would like to make use of your right of objection or withdrawal, an e-mail to: email@example.com will suffice.
Here you can view your selected cookie settings and change them if you wish.
In the cookie banner (cookie settings) you will also find further details on technically necessary and optional cookies.
Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website. The data is stored exclusively on our server and is not passed on to third parties.
We use the Matomo software to record visitor numbers. The data is stored anonymously to ensure your privacy. The application runs on our server and the data is not passed on to third parties.